THE FUTURE

For me, the future is a mystery; Although I am studying to get a Major degree in the field of Visual Arts, I have no clue exactly what I will be doing after college because I am considering a lot of options. However, I do know that I will be working around the creative area. 


To be honest, I aim to graduate from university and then immediately start studying to become an architect and get a second career. Right now, the only aspect that makes me doubt is getting myself into another six more years of education, considering the energy investment this requires. But I am highly motivated. 

My dream job would be a part-time job in a public department related to Architecture or Cultural management. So I could work on my artwork on the side. Maybe a lot of artists would prefer to commit to a full-time studio duty. But I like the idea of a dynamic workflow between daily-unrelated responsibilities and the reflexive space of art processes. So in a way, you could say that it is necessary for me a balance between indoors and outdoors.

In Chile, it's extremely hard for a Cultural worker to become financially stable. Unless you are one of the lucky ones, you will struggle. Even if you are successful and have a lot of art shows in your firsts years, probably won't be able to make a living of it until you are older. Anyway, I hope to be able to participate in some art shows soon and display my artworks. And hopefully, even be able to travel abroad from it. Fingers crossed. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares