A holiday to remember: Seas of sand

Back in December 2017, my sister and I went on a trip to San Pedro de Atacama and Bolivia. We stayed there for one and a half weeks. It was a memorable experience for me because it was the farthest away from home I have ever been. 

We traveled over a distance of 1630 kilometers, and it was the first time I ever flew on an airplane. However, not everything was a bed of roses because a few weeks before our travel I got sick with chickenpox. And although I was not a child anymore, I developed the symptoms of the disease at 19 years old. But luckily, I did recover from it and ended the quarantine period requirement just in time to go on our odyssey.



Visiting the Atacama desert in the north of Chile was a great adventure and the perfect instance to get to know other-worldly landscapes. We were determined to make the most of it by getting to explore and tour around the natural scenery. My sister and I did plenty of things together. We effortlessly floated and swam in the Laguna Cejar. Where we couldn't stop laughing because my sister doesn't really know how to swim and always gets anxious when it comes to being around deep waters. But. There we were out of danger due to the salt concentration of the lagoon, that kept us from sinking.  



We also visited Laguna Chaxa (part of Los Flamencos National Reserve), hiked and climbed narrow salt caves at the Valle de la Luna, watched the most beautiful sunset at the Valle de la Muerte. And finally, we visited the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia.


Overall it was an excellent voyage. And the best holiday I have experienced because I faced new opportunities to learn, I got to meet new people on the road, and I also had the chance to bond with my sister. For all this, I'm grateful.

Comentarios

Entradas populares